Saturday, February 5, 2011

Thing #9

I personally loved playing in the Sandbox. It gave me a lot of confidence in being able to create a wiki over the summer to use in my classroom next year.

The steps for me were actually very easy because it is standard editing just like in a word document. I dabbled in webpage making when I was younger, so a lot of the basics are easy to understand for me. I had to use the tips and hints page when it came to linking because I hadn't yet discovered the difference between an external and internal link.

The one thing I did find frustrating was that sometimes my preview didn't look exactly like it was before I hit save (spacing issues). So I know I'd have to spend a good chunk of time perfecting things on my class wiki for 2011-2012.

I haven't yet built confidence on how to manage a wiki with over 100 students participating, so I might delay this until next year. :)

Check my first attempt wiki out -- TeacherFriendly

No comments:

Post a Comment