Sunday, February 20, 2011

Thing #11

Flickr is a really cool images website that will make my use of pictures from the web safer for vocabulary activities. The website is just as easy to use as google images. I love the advanced search so that I can limit my results to images that I can safely and freely use in my classroom.

I really liked the Teacher Dude's idea on how to use Flickr to let the students have control over the pictures. I think this would be a fantastic project for students to contribute to my class WIKI each week for our vocabulary words. Since students would use different ways to search, we would have a ton of examples of the vocabulary words we are studying. I look forward to Thing #12 where I will actually be able to use an embeddable slideshow. Depending on the ease of creating a slideshow I will teach this to my students next year.

Badminton image provided by pasukaru76 on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment